Friday, November 23, 2012

Helping Bobby Sutliff of the Windbreakers

Well, Black Friday has rolled around once more. The day after Thanksgiving is a day I try to stay away from shops. But here's one thing I finally did today.

I'm a pretty good procrastinator, and people who know me pretty well would concur. But I finally made a small contribution to a good cause. I made a  donation to help Bobby Sutliff, an extraordinarily great musician/songwriter, who was once in the Windbreakers with great musician/songwriter Tim Lee.



Here's what happened. From the ChipIn site created on his behalf:
 
Helping Bobby Sutliff
 
On Friday, June 15, our friend Bobby Sutliff was involved in a serious single-vehicle accident near his home in Powell, Ohio. He sustained several serious injuries, and as of the 29th was still in the SICU at the Ohio State University hospital. Due to the severity of his wounds, Bobby faces a very long uphill climb to recovery. Fortunately, he has good health insurance through his employer, but faces many months of recuperation, and thus will likely require some very real help with his living expenses and other expenditures.Whether you know Bobby personally or through his music, we request that you donate what you can to help a beloved musician and friend in his time of need.Also, please share this page with your friends. Bobby needs all the assistance he can get. Thank you.
 
I spoke about this before, but didn't do anything about it myself until this morning. While their are innumerable causes people could donate to (certainly victims of Hurricane Sandy), and there are many people who do not have any disposable income at all that they could spare, I think this is a worthy one.
 
If you are a fan of the Windbreakers, or have heard some of Bobby's terrific solo albums, I'm sure even a small donation would be greatly appreciated.
 
Here is a link where you can go to help, if you are so inclined.
 
http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/112434bb6becde08
 
 
If you are in the Atlanta area, be advised that the Rain Parade have reunited to perform a benefit concert to help Bobby. Additionally, the Tim Lee 3 will also be on the bill. January 19th at the Earl.
Sounds like a fantastic show, where you can also contribute to a good cause.
 
Believe me, I'm as big a slug as the next guy, but for some reason I felt an obligation to at least help a little. It just took me a little longer to do. But I feel a lot better now that I've followed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment