Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Results are In---My Feelings as Expressed by John Cale

I can breathe a sigh of relief.... finally. Let's gives props to our Commander in Chief and also to Governor Romney who fought hard right to the end. And of course to all the people who worked hard and the citizens who got out and voted so that their voices were heard.

Luckily I wore my brown pants today---the Presidential race was too close for my comfort.
But I'm happy with the outcome. Short celebration hopefully, because a lot of work remains.

Here are my sentiments as expressed by the great John Cale, one of my all-time favorites artists, the Welsh Godfather of Punk Rock and much more.

As far as pianists in rock and roll go, he is highly esteemed. If you haven't got on board yet, check out Paris 1919, or the Rhino compilation Seducing Down the Door. Or Wrong Way Up, his collaboration with Brian Eno, or Songs for Drella with Lou Reed. And I suppose if you happen to be unfamiliar with his work with the Velvet Underground and the aforementioned sweet Lou, I encourage you to slap yourself, regroup, and check out their first two albums immediately. The Velvets and the Ramones may be the most influential bands in rock since the 60's Mega bands that I need not mention here.

His new album, Shifty Adventures in Nookie Wood was just released--it's probably pretty worthy. Haven't got it yet, but I've heard some things. Mostly positive. Still haven't seen him live but I maintain hope that I will step up.

No comments:

Post a Comment