Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bailter Space--Fisheye--The Original

Just a quick note here. Fisheye is one of my favorite songs by the New Zealand noise trio Bailter Space, who I probably saw half a dozen times in their heyday. They are originals. The Sonic Youth comparisons made do not hold water, as they were making heads explode halfway around the globe before anyone knew about Sonic Youth. Sui Generis. Today they are fairly unheralded--here's an example of why I hold them in such high esteem and why I keep doing what I am doing tonight after midnight on this blog.





Fisheye is on Bailter Space's Thermos album. Grader Spader is also pretty amazing.

But I would try to find their albums, rather than the greatest hits Cd on Flying Nun. It just doesn't seem representative, or maybe the mix is a little off. Anyway, these guys are favorites of mine and I think other people out there just might be in agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment