Sunday, September 1, 2013

Transistors---Awesome Punk-Pop from New Zealand



Hi folks. It took a good band to get me out of my dotage. Definitely been a mixed bag of a year to say the least.

The Transistors are a band from Rangiora, New Zealand. They have just released their second album Is This Anything? on Arch Hill Records about a month ago. I don't even have their album....yet, but from what I have heard I can't wait to say something about them. They have opened for The Buzzcocks on tour in New Zealand recently, which would seem to be a good fit. They have an aggressive energetic sound combined with a good ear for a pop hook. The locals seem to be hyping the new Surf City and BailterSpace albums (justifiably so) with not quite so much attention being paid to these guys.

Enough jibber jabber..listen to this. No doubt you've heard this sort of thing before, but its still great!



I know I liked that...clever video, too.

If you liked that one, try Dirty Diver on for size.







In addition to Arch Hill Records or the Flyingout Webpage, you can download album at Bandcamp.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment