Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Human Sexual Response--not completely forgotton?

I just got the Rykodisc reissue of Boston's Human Sexual Response from way back when just the other day. I haven't even listened to it yet. They were a pretty huge band on the Boston scene in the early 80's--our College radio station used to play them quite a bit. But it dawned on me that these guys in fact put out a pretty good second album that hasn't seen the light of day. I have it on vinyl, but it just surprises me sometimes what comes out and what doesn't. I think that this band is pretty overdue for some attention, and I don't think I'm the only one out there who shares this opinion. Here's a tune that I completely forgot about---I listened to it for the first time in years and it still blows me away.

That's Andy Fell, from In A Roman Mood. I feel as a graduate from a College with a renowned Classics department (and with an erudite Classics scholar of a roomate to boot!) that I need to voice my opinion on this subject.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible to e-mail you with more information on In a Roman Mood, and get your feedback on some things?

    ReplyDelete